HGH therapy is the most effective when growth hormone is taken via injections. While this sounds intimidating at first, millions of people already self-inject themselves daily for various medical reasons without experiencing issues.
Besides, injecting HGH has significant benefits such as a slow and gradual release in the blood similar to natural GH production. You can precisely control the dosage and its absorption is not affected by your diet or other lifestyle factors.
Keep on reading to find out more about various HGH products and how you can prepare them safely and effectively.
How to mix and store HGH correctly
HGH products come in either prefilled or powder form. You have to mix the latter with a diluent and reconstitute it into a solution before use.
The diluent options include either sterile or bacteriostatic water. Bacteriostatic water is called such because it contains benzyl alcohol as a preservative. It significantly prolongs the life of the HGH product after mixing.
HGH mixed with sterile water must be used within 24 hours (if refrigerated) and then you must discard the unused portion
In comparison, Norditropin FlexPro Pen comes preloaded with a diluent and it doesn’t require mixing. You can store it 21 days at room temperature under 25°C (77°F) or 28 days in a refrigerator at 2 to 8°C (36 to 46°F).
Subcutaneous HGH injections are performed using the tiniest needles available. They are extremely thin and as short as a quarter of an inch. Store the injections without any needles attached.
The 5-mg vial of Humatrope should be reconstituted with 1.5-5 mL of sterile diluent (0,3% Metacresol as preservative and 1,7% glycerin). If you have a sensitivity to one of its ingredients, switch it to bacteriostatic or sterile water for injection.
Before reconstitution, Humatrope cartridges should be stored in a refrigerator at 2 to 8°C (36 to 46°F).
Saizen, on the other hand, can be stored at room temperature before mixing. To reconstitute Saizen 5mg vial, you’ll need 1-3 ml of bacteriostatic water, and 2-3 ml of bacteriostatic water for 8.8mg vial.
Other brands and their devices have prefilled cartridges that contain a diluent with a preservative.
Avoid freezing the products before or after reconstitution
After reconstitution, the HGH solution is extremely sensitive. Always refrigerate it properly, avoid freezing and protect it against direct light.
Step-by-step instructions for mixing HGH
Here is an easy step-by-step guide for safe and easy mixing and injecting HGH at home:
1. Let the vials and pen cartridges get to room temperature before mixing HGH. Do not leave them in direct light or a heat source.
2. Disinfect the stoppers of both vials with an alcohol wipe or any antiseptic solution before use to prevent bacterial contamination and eliminate the risk for infections.
3. When withdrawing the diluent and mixing the contents of the vials you should use a bigger, longer sterile needle. You should inject 1 ml of air into the vial with the diluent to make the withdrawal easier.
4. When injecting the liquid inside the vial for reconstitution, the needle should be directed at its wall.
5. To dissolve properly, it is important to gently tap or swirl the vial. Never Shake It! Shaking or forceful tapping can damage the protein structure of HGH and render it ineffective. Avoid taping the syringe when removing the air before an injection.
6. For both prefilled and reconstituted solutions make sure to check if the liquid is clear, turbid or if there are any particles. If the solution is cloudy, it is not suitable for injection and should be discarded.
7. Before injecting, replace the needle, disinfect the skin spot, and squeeze your skin with the opposite hand. Make sure to pinch about an inch of skin and then quickly stick the needle at a 45° angle. Do not massage the injection spot and never reuse your injection needles.
How to mix HGH with bacteriostatic water
Bacteriostatic water for injections is usually supplied in a multiple-dose 30 mL plastic vial. It can last up to 28 days thanks to the 0.9% content of benzyl alcohol which acts as a preservative.
Benzyl alcohol has undergone multiple clinical trials and according to them, it’s completely safe when used in such small quantities. Hypersensitivity is also rare.
Thus, vials reconstituted with bac water are stable for 14 – 28 days when kept in a refrigerator, 2 to 8°C (36 to 46°F). The exact period will be specified on the product by the manufacturer.
Due to the protein nature of growth hormone, the most effective way to administer it in your body is via injection. Besides, this method allows for HGH release to imitate the natural synthesis of this essential hormone.
Our experienced doctors and nurses will show you the steps of self-injecting HGH subcutaneously and explain in detail everything you need to know about this therapy. There is no reason to be intimidated because it is a simple and painless procedure you can perform daily at home.
Get a free consultation with our medical expert for any questions about hormone replacement therapy